The Central Iowa Wind Ensemble is accepting auditions for the following instruments. These auditions are for full membership in the ensemble beginning with the 2022-2023 season.
- Bb Clarinet (multiple openings)
- Tenor Saxophone
- French Horn
- Percussion (multiple openings)
Any player who is interested in a position is asked to submit a recorded audition by the end of the day on Sunday, August 28, 2022.
- Please email or share (Google Drive or similar) the recording to email@example.com
- The recording should be in an audio format
- Please do not identify yourself on the recording to prevent bias
- Please also include a short, written biography including musical background when emailing your audition
Wind Instruments – for the audition, players are asked to prepare and record an excerpt up to 2 minutes in length from the repertoire that best represents the player’s ability. Please also prepare and record at least half of the 2 etudes used for the 2022 Iowa All-State auditions. Etude information can be found beginning on page 4 of the pdf at the following link:
Percussion – for the audition, players are asked to prepare and record an excerpt up to 2 minutes in length from the repertoire that best represents the player’s ability. Please also prepare and record 2 of the 3 (snare, timpani, mallet) 2022 Iowa All-State Etudes. Etude information can be found beginning on page 4 of the pdf at the following link:
Our conductor and the appropriate section leader will listen to and judge the auditions. We will select the player(s) who we feel performs the best. If you are not selected, that does not mean that you are not good enough for the ensemble. You would be welcome to audition again if another opening becomes available and/or be added to or remain on our substitute list. All who audition will be notified of the results on or before Sunday, September 11, 2022.
Before committing to and submitting an audition, it is important to consider if CIWE would be a good fit. We encourage all who are interested in auditioning to look over our member handbook paying careful attention to our attendance policy and 2022-2023 rehearsal and concert schedule.
If you have any questions about the audition process or the ensemble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the Central Iowa Wind Ensemble, participants should:
- Demonstrate satisfactory/continuing musical competence as determined by the Music Director
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality/attendance at rehearsals/concerts
- Conduct themselves with collegial and respectful demeanor towards the band, fellow musicians, conductors and guests
- Pay membership dues to support and maintain our organization’s mission