The Central Iowa Wind Ensemble is accepting auditions for the following instruments. These auditions are for full membership in the ensemble beginning with the 2023-2024 season.
- Bb Clarinet (3rd part)
- Alto Saxophone
Any player who is interested in a position is asked to submit a recorded audition by the end of the day on Sunday, August 27, 2023.
- Please email or share (Google Drive or similar) the recording to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The recording should be in an audio format
- Please do not identify yourself on the recording to prevent bias
- Please also include a short, written biography including musical background when emailing your audition
Please refer to the instrument specific folders for audition instructions and materials found at the following link:
Our conductor and the appropriate section leader will listen to and judge the auditions. We will select the player(s) who we feel performs the best. If you are not selected, that does not mean that you are not good enough for the ensemble. You would be welcome to audition again if another opening becomes available and/or be added to or remain on our substitute list. All who audition will be notified of the results on or before Sunday, September 10, 2023.
Before committing to and submitting an audition, it is important to consider if CIWE would be a good fit. We encourage all who are interested in auditioning to look over our member handbook paying careful attention to our attendance policy and 2023-2024 rehearsal and concert schedule.
If you have any questions about the audition process or the ensemble, please email email@example.com.
As a member of the Central Iowa Wind Ensemble, participants should:
- Demonstrate satisfactory/continuing musical competence as determined by the Music Director
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality/attendance at rehearsals/concerts
- Conduct themselves with collegial and respectful demeanor towards the band, fellow musicians, conductors and guests