The Central Iowa Wind Ensemble is accepting auditions for the following instruments. These auditions are for full membership in the ensemble beginning with the 2021-2022 season.
Flute Oboe Bb Clarinet
- Bass Clarinet
Alto Saxophone Trumpet French Horn Trombone – 2 open spots (1 spot bass trombone preferred)
Any player who is interested in a position is asked to submit a recorded audition by the end of the day on Sunday, August 8, 2021.
- Please email or share (Google Drive or similar) the recording to email@example.com
- The recording should be in an audio format
- Please do not identify yourself on the recording to prevent bias
- Please also include a short, written biography including musical background when emailing your audition
Wind Instruments – for the audition, players are asked to prepare and record an excerpt up to 2 minutes in length from the repertoire that best represents the player’s ability. Please also prepare and record at least half of the 2 etudes used for the 2021 Iowa All-State auditions. Etude information can be found at the following link:
Percussion – for the audition, players are asked to prepare and record an excerpt up to 2 minutes in length from the repertoire that best represents the player’s ability. Please also prepare and record 2 of the 3 (snare, timpani, mallet) 2021 Iowa All-State Etudes. Etude information can be found at the following link:
Our conductors and the appropriate section leader will listen to and judge the auditions. We will select the player(s) who we feel performs the best. If you are not selected, that does not mean that you are not good enough for the ensemble. You would be welcome to audition again if another opening becomes available and/or be added to or remain on our substitute list. All who audition will be notified of the results on or before Thursday, August 19, 2021 so that those selected can attend our first rehearsal of the year on Sunday, August 22, 2021.
Before committing to and submitting an audition, it is important to consider if CIWE would be a good fit. We encourage all who are interested in auditioning to look over our member handbook and 2021-2022 rehearsal and concert schedule.
If you have any questions about the audition process or the ensemble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the Central Iowa Wind Ensemble, participants should:
- Demonstrate satisfactory/continuing musical competence as determined by the Music Director
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality/attendance at rehearsals/concerts
- Conduct themselves with collegial and respectful demeanor towards the band, fellow musicians, conductors and guests
- Pay membership dues to support and maintain our organization’s mission